Monthly Archives: September 2017

Vogue 9379

I had started making this dress before ‘the event’ I’d changed my mind about which dress I was going to make for the 1st august wedding, I’d run out of time for the pattern I felt that there could be some fitting issues so I decided to go with this dress instead.


It was all cut out and I’d even put a test muslin together checking the install of the under arm gussset and whether or not I would need to do a Small Bust Adjustment, which I did need to do, the underarm gusset went in faultlessly, which either means that it goes in a lot easier if the fabric is quite stiff, or I didn’t put the marks in the correct position after doing the SBA.


I had put the two back and two front skirt peices together and started attaching the pockets, it was while attaching the third pocket piece that I had realised something was wrong.


Now out of the hospital I have attempted to complete the dress, here is the front the shoulder seams are pinned the under arm gusset is installed.


You can see the slight pucker in the corner that means it won’t lay properly

The side seam point has gone in perfectly

IMG_5154

This is the basting of the pleat over the zip

zip installed wth basteing

IMG_5152

With the gathers on the skirt. Because I need to unpick at least half of the gusset I’m going to put this dress to one side now until I feel better able to manipulate the fabric into the correct position, as you can see from the photos above the gusset went in perfectly on the muslin.

I am going to look for something easier to do as my first make after coming out of hospital.

Advertisements

What does one do, while stuck in hospital with an internet connection?

One goes shopping of course 🙂

I bought a craftsy class – One Pattern many looks PANTS I started watching it while in hospital and while there were quite a few ah-ha moments, the instructor did keep sending me to sleep, this may of course not be her fault. I haven’t looked at it since I got home, because we have been redecorating the house this year I have a ‘new’ sewing room, but that will be a different post.

I have also brought some more fabric, just in case there is a world shortage (for 15-20 years or more)

It all has viscose/rayon in it, what can I say it was cheap and I had just finished reading some posts raving about how cool/drapey it is, so I completely blocked out how much of an arse it was to sew with the last time I used it.

We have:-

Printed Georgette might be nice as a Rhapsody Blouse

Looking at these photos (which aren’t my best work) it appears that I bought the same pattern in two colourways without realising it. These might have a sewoverit pattern in their near future. The fabric is lovely and drapey, hopefully not too frayey.