I have made a couple of Plaintains for Liz’s birthday present, I also made one for me with 3/4 length sleeves, with the steroids and Christmas I have put on rather a lot of weight, I needed to make something larger than my normal clothes, though the Plaintains hide quite a bit 🙂
I had the altered pattern with FBA for Liz already, luckily I actually managed to find it, then I just need to find the Jersey fabric, I used two different types of Jersey one is a cotton bought from eBay which was easy to work with but didn’t drape very well. The second one was is a viscose/rayon bought from Olympia last year surprisingly heavy and slippery. Not the best fabric when your left hand isn’t working quite as well as it could do. I mainly used the overlocker to complete bulk of the sewing, and the twin needle on the sewing machine for the hems.
This wasn’t my best work, I used a lot more pins than I would have normally and the hems weren’t quite as neat as they could be.
Posted on 31/01/2018, in Deer and Doe, stretch fabric and tagged #DeerandDoe, #plaintaintee. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment