Butterick 6214

this is the second time i have written this post the first time i posted it, i received txt congratulating me on my post then it disappeared into the posting black hole.

image

I was a bit concerned about the scalloped neckline as the pattern was a size too large, although i knew i could slash the pattern the scallops would be a challenge.

I decided to use my printer scanner, i worked out the ratio i needed to reduce it by, and hey presto.

image

the only change i made between this top and the one the actual dress is that i lengthened it by 1/2 inch.

this dress looks beautiful but it is an impractical dress to wear as you will see in the last photo

image
here are some detail shots

image

image

and here is the shot you’ve been waiting for

image

Advertisements

Posted on 26/04/2014, in 1950, butterick, vintage dress making. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: