New York 1478 part 4

Ok, I’ve ironed the dress I’ve put in the interfacing (probably should have done that before I put it in the dress, but I just wasn’t sure about it, the interfacing I have is very stiff until washed and I didn’t know if it was going to make it worse.

I’m glad to report back that the iron and interfacing gave the dress a much needed structure.

I decided to take the photos with my ‘good’ camera to see if it makes any difference

IMG_2783

I’m not sure that the camera makes a difference, but I’m going to get a cheap tripod to play about with it.

Here are some closeup shots of some of the detailsP1010651
The pockets, Simon doesn’t like the pockets he thinks it makes the dress look frumpy, not sure that I get that vibe.
P1010652

I noticed in the first photo the neckline was off a bit so I’ve straightened it up.

P1010653

You should be able to see that I have pinned the back, I need to take some fabric out of the side seams.

I still need to make the cuffs and decide on some buttons but it might get warn after all.

Advertisements

Posted on 16/02/2014, in 1950, New York Pattern, Rayon, vintage dress making and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: