Project 4 – January

This is probably the item that is going to cause me the most problems, but to be fair it is going to be my own fault.

For Project 4 I’m going to take this dress

img_4366

And turn it into  this dress

img_4356

The original dress fitted fine as long as I didn’t want to move my arms or anything practical like that.

I had two attempts at making the top half of the dress, which gave me enough to do the main bit of the front bodice, I needed to do some pattern matching for the straps, I am very please with the result.

img_4430

I needed to do a bit of patching on the front skirt pieces, luckily it was where it folded under to make the button tab that was short otherwise i would have had to found another plan for the fabric.

img_4428

I probably should have sized down the top as I needed to take and extra 1/2 inch off the side seems and bring the front seam in an extra 1/4 inch,  I’m thinking I might make the shorter version with the shorts and the halter neck so watch this space.

The dress came together very easily and if I had started with a length of fabric, it would only have taken a couple of hour to put together.

I wasn’t sure about its double buttons but I think they look alright you do need the hook and eye at the seam otherwise it gapes.

img_4431

img_4432img_4438img_4433

more later

Advertisements

Posted on 02/02/2017, in Style 3653, vintage dress making and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: